Tuesday, September 17, 2019

GRIEF IN THE GOODBYE


I admit it, I'm not good at goodbyes 

The letting go

The giving up

There are reasons for this. One is, I'm tenacious by nature so I'm inclined to hold on vs. letting go! Another is I feel loss so deeply that I tend to try and avoid it. 

I know I'm not alone in this; many of you know what I'm talking about. Grief in the goodbye, the letting go, the giving up is no easy thing. And I'm not just talking about a loved one, like a parent or spouse. 

We grieve when we have to let things go, like our independence, or a job, a relationship, maybe a home and certainly a pet! And the deeper your connection or love quantifies the amount of grief you will feel. I'm a love big/grieve big type. 

Grief is complicated and individual; a convoluted mess of emotions from all that love you have inside but can't share, to anger, regret, melancholy. It's triggered in memories on rewind, good and bad, or a song or a scent. 

So if you are grieving, whatever you are grieving, I understand. I know it changes you, sometimes it changes everything. I also know you can continue to live a full life. Slowly, with time and some hard work the fog clears and you begin to carry on. 

With every ending, there is a new beginning. With the Grief in the Goodbye, there can be Hope in the Hello. 


No comments:

Post a Comment