Sunday, February 18, 2018

LENT, LOVE AND RETIREMENT

Canadians, who is getting winter weary? Yes...I see those hands, all 35 million-ish. Walking is almost an Olympic sport. I had to help a little dear maneurver her walker through slush and ice. I pass other pedestrians, comrades-in-arms, trying to avoid nasty slips. We give each other that weary winter glance that says "I know...I know". So, please, let's give each other a good reason to celebrate or acknowledge and honour one another. Like Lent, Love and Retirement.


Although not the most ideal timing, Lent arrived this week. The day before Valentines. The day all the woman stoutly determined to give up chocolate changed their minds. 

I gathered with my church community and pancakes and bacon were enjoyed on Shrove Tuesday.


These two beauties, Charmaine and Rhonda, did their best to keep up with the supply and demand!

At work, we celebrated Valentines Day passing out Valentines to one another and slipping them into bags for special prizes; gift cards to a local spa or restaurant or the ever popular LCBO.


Sheldon and I enjoyed a beautiful gourmet dinner at one of my favourites, L'Auberge de France. 


The table was set with flowers, candles and little bags of candies making for a special atmosphere on a cold winter night. Thanks L'Auberge!

At the end of this week, one of our co-workers, Sue, finally hung up her hat after 46 years. 


You heard me...46 YEARS. The office will not be the same without this stalwart and foundational soul. Sue is our Bingo Queen so in her honour we had a rousing Bingo tournament over lunch. Sue, you will be greatly missed!

Cold Canadian winters need moments of refuge. This week, we packed it in with Lent, Pancakes, Chocolate, Love and Honour. Take heart, my comrades-in-arms! The Robins are back. Winter is slowly losing her grip. We will survive!





No comments:

Post a Comment