Sunday, November 19, 2017

SNOW: LOVE IT, HATE IT

I got up this morning and "boom there it is" Our first official snow fall. I walked Lulu with sharp bits of baby ice hitting me in the face. And so it begins. 

I have a weird love/hate relationship with snow:
Love to look at it, hate to drive in it
Love the smell of it, hate how cold it is

You get the picture. 

So, after walking Lulu I made a nice hot cup of coffee and snuggled  in to warm up. 


Blanket (electric) - check
Fireplace - check
Big, fuzzy slippers - check
Pets - check

I sent this pic off to a friend of mine who LOVES snow. This was her response:

Cause she gets out there and enjoys it. While I'm prepped for hibernating, she is just gearing up!

It really is beautiful stuff. I bought this painting for my 50th birthday done by a local artist, Jesus Estevez 


I could have bought something in the sailboat or flower genre but no, I'm drawn to a snowy scene of downtown Belleville.

Some of my best-selling photographs are snow scenes.

Firebush in Snow


Narnia

Ice, Ice Baby


For Christmas I asked for snow shoes (and a kitten, cause I aways ask for a kitten). This year, by golly I'm not just going to be a recluse and watch all the winter drama from my window. This year, I'm going to get out there!! 

Full disclosure: I say this every year. But maybe this year will be different.

Now where are my big fuzzy slippers??


No comments:

Post a Comment