Sunday, October 19, 2014

LULU'S FALL ADVENTURE


On Saturday, Sheldon and I drove up to Hamilton to meet our son Adrian and his girlfriend Carolyn for a fall adventure. Lulu tagged along, cause she had really nothing else on her agenda and it really is a great time to get out and see the colours. 

Adrian has wanted to take us on this little hike for quite some time and I'm glad we went! I'm increasingly aware of the fact that it is a blessing my legs (and hips and knees) still allow me to do this. 

This will be a photo heavy blog - it is really so beautiful out there right now. 

I really don't mind a grey backdrop and the colours are amazing. We went to the Webster's Falls Conservation area. If you ever get the chance, I would recommend it! 

There were a number of waterfalls to enjoy, but this one was my favourite.


I expected Gandolf and the Elven King to show up from behind a tree anytime.


I know the name of the blog is Lulu's fall adventure - and she was a real trooper taking on the rocks and  hills, though we did have to carry her up some stairs....but she charmed most everyone we met along the way! This is Lulu with Carolyn - talk about a couple of cuties!!!

Afterwards we went to this very hip restaurant called "The Burnt Tongue". It is a hole-in-the-wall kinda place that seats about 18 people and run by a bunch of young lads. I don't think there was one whippersnapper over 30. 



The menu is small: fries, burgers, soup, ice cream, maybe salad. But what they do, they do real well!
I had a lovely squash, cauliflower and fennel soup topped with crumbled feta cheese and sunflower seeds. It came with a roll the size of an average loaf of bread. HELLOOOOOO NURSE!


I'm not a big eater, but I like and enjoy good food

Now here is a confession and I mention this restaurant (you can find them on Facebook) partly to make amends . When you order your meal here you pay up front, which we did. But after we received our meal the boys decided some fries would be good with their burgers so we asked for an order of fries as well. Then we left....dined and dashed as it were. Somewhere on the way home between Oshawa and Brighton I realized we did not pay for those fries. Sorry young whippersnappers who made me a really yummy bowl of soup. It does not make a good impression when you publicly pray before a meal and then walk out without paying.... I texted Adrian and he went back and paid the wayward fare. 

This morning, while it was still dark and all were snug in their beds, I took Lulu for her walk.... in a snowstorm. Little white flakes swirling all around me. 

So get out there people and take a Lulu adventure in the fall, before it's too late! 






No comments:

Post a Comment