Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Successful Destiny

Happy New Year Everyone! Hard to imagine it's 2011. I can honestly say, I've been around on this earth for a while now. I've seen some amazing times, some hard times, lots of changes, a few surprises but the bottom line is I have a successful destiny ahead of me.
I can easily be accused of being nostalgic. That would be true. I'm big on tradition and I love to ruminate on the past full of wonderful memories. But I'm not walking backwards always looking behind. I'm looking forward! So much ahead, so much to do and see! I can glance back at the past, when I was younger or when the kids were little etc. and appreciate those times but I don't want to go back there and relive them. I have already lived them (and learned from them)! There is more to live ahead! Why not just add to the pile of great moments and memories and lessons!
Even better, I have a guarantee. It is one of the many perks of following Christ. "The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day." (Proverbs 4:18). Sometimes things start out a little murky, and I can't see the direction I'm to take but as time goes on, just like the breaking of dawn, everything becomes clearer until it's like full daylight and I can see every detail. If you are in the dark, I suggest you wait a little while until the sun comes up!
"Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed." (Proverbs 16:3). You see - it's a guarantee to success!
"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him." (1Cor. 2:9). I trust Him to bring me wonderful suprises. And as for the struggles I didn't see coming I trust Him to walk me through them.
So here's to a new year. A year full of success in all you do for that is what you are destined for!

No comments:

Post a Comment