Sunday, February 12, 2023

PUTTER THE DAY AWAY

 

I’ve come to the conclusion a day of Puttering is a privilege, a gift. 

To Putter means to move around without hurrying and in a relaxed and pleasant way.

Puttering is not open to those with children underfoot! If they are young your moment to “relax” happens when they decide to nap. And usually your have a million things to do in the 2 hour nap window. So you had better hurry. If you have teenagers there are sports to get them to or a job to drop them off at or pick up. 

No Puttering is for the 55 and over group or for the 10-12 year-olds who refer to it as “I’m bored”. Little do they know the next opportunity to putter is when you are old and gray! 

I very happily puttered away this past weekend! Oh sure, I did a few necessities like vacuuming and mopping but mostly I moved from one moment to another in a relaxed and unhurried pace. No pressing agenda.

I went to the market and picked up fresh eggs and homemade raisin bread.

I stopped to pick up cat food and bought myself some flowers


I replenished the bird feeders and enjoyed watching them have their lunch!

And yes, I know that says Squirrel Buster but who are we kidding? They gotta eat too.

Saturday night we went for dinner with friends at Flame & Smith for a leisurely 6 course meal. And believe me, we puttered through it for over 2 hours!


From the seafood appetizer,


To the death by chocolate dessert

Tomorrow it is back to the office Monday - Friday and all the pressing details that go with it.

But Oh, to Putter the Day or even the Weekend Away! 







No comments:

Post a Comment