Monday, October 12, 2020

DINNER FOR TWO


It's Thanksgiving weekend in Canada and really one of the most beautiful times of the year in this part of the earth. The air is crisp and the leaves take centre stage


It was a very quiet one for me! Thanks to the second wave and the plan to soon take a trip to Vancouver and meet our new grandson,  we are limiting our interactions. So no raucous family dinner this year!

But still, we took advantage of the beautiful weather and went for a walk in the woods


How gorgeous is that!

We have much to be thankful for here even under the current circumstances.

This wagon load of carrots caught my eye

As did this decoration of flowers and corn stalks


And even though there were just two of us for dinner, I still wanted to make it special. 

Cornish hens with fresh herbs in a lemon garlic sauce


I accompanied these babies with potatoes, roasted squash, brussel sprouts and the last of the fresh corn to be had.


Dessert was my first attempt at a pear almond tart


Which was not too shabby, if I do say so myself!

Thanksgiving is a time to take stock of all the blessings we have. Like beauty and peace, good food in abundance, warmth, colour and love. Even in the middle of a pandemic, we can still find much to be grateful for. 






No comments:

Post a Comment