Sunday, August 2, 2020

SENDING OUT SOME LOCAL LOVE

It's raining outside. A good, solid, steady rain applauding on my window. The dry, parched ground is soaking it in; this much needed love from above! 

Our economy is also dry and parched and in much need of some love - not from above (though I wouldn't turn my nose up at it), but local. 

Doors are cautiously opening with masks as protocol and sanitizing stations in place. The community begins to gather again and enjoy face to face connections. 

Where I live, my downtown has been working hard to safely draw people out. And I get the sense the goal is not so much to spend money, but to build our sense of community. A sense of connection,  belonging and a healthy culture. 
I biked downtown on Friday night to send out some local love. There were numerous places to sit outside for a drink and listen to local musicians like our homeboy troubadour Andy Forgie.

At one local shop, Kate's Kitchen, I snapped a pic of this lovely vignette outside. Inside I was smitten by a pair of blue and white china mugs now a part of my morning coffee routine.
Another one of my favourite haunts is Boretski's, a vintage store whose owner has a flair for decor.
These prisms are on display and add a sense of fun and whimsy
On Saturday night, we went for dinner with friends at Paulo's.
There is a lovely courtyard and the food is authentic and fresh. I enjoyed the Pasta Primavera
And a special dessert of meringue with gelato and a splash of espresso.
Now, how pretty is that??

COVID is a part of our life now, with its' risks, tragedies, confusion and confines. We are all adjusting in our own way. Let's send out some local love to rebuild our communities in this new world.




No comments:

Post a Comment