Friday, July 26, 2019

COTTAGE TIME INSIGHTS


I'm back from my week at the cottage! I'm tanned, caught up on some reading, got numerous bug bites and swam, and swam and swam. 

But I also spent a lot of time doing nothing, nothing at all...just staring at the water and watching the clouds roll by. 

In that rare, languorous time I discovered the universe is always sending out insight when you sit long enough to listen.

First thing I noticed, Moms are always on duty - always. My daughter and Prince Soren were with us and she is in the thick of it. 

I watched this mom swim by with her gaggle of ducklings in tow; probably dropping them off at the sitters on her way to work.

Some treasures, like these blueberries, are small and well hidden. They are there, you just have to look for them. 

Sometimes, just go ahead and over indulge. Vacation time is a good time to do that! Or, if it's your birthday, stuff your face with cake. 

On the stillness of an early summer morning, the lake is like glass. But somewhere a fish leaps, or a loon dives, or I stick my toe into the water and swish it around. Ripples appear and begin to travel, spreading further and further out into the lake. The smallest act can radiate out and impact well beyond what you can imagine. Knowing this, I will try and make those impacts to be positive ones: a kind word, a prayer, an offer to help. 

Enjoy your holiday time if you have it - swim, read, indulge, be kind. And in the down time, listen. Just listen.





2 comments:

  1. Love your writing!! Miss you guys 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree whole heartedly, Cindy. The World would be a better place if more people took the time to listen and reflect. See you on Monday!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete