Sunday, January 27, 2019

I SEE YOU

In the dead of winter, it's not uncommon for a mouse to make his way into our house. Little mouse thinks "Ho ho, what is this? There's food in abundance, water and lots of warm places to sleep! I've discovered Shangri-La!" 

But this little paradise has two healthy mouse hunting cats. And more often than not, I will find a miserable little mouse perched high on the top of the curtains with cats just waiting at the bottom, knowing, eventually, that mouse will have to come down. 


This is one I managed to rescue before the cats finished him off. I love the intense look on Sasha's face. 

"I See You, Little Mouse..."

One of my co-workers and I had this discussion about how we tend to flippantly greet one another, barely acknowledging the other's presence; just going through the motions: "Morning", "Hi" "How are you"...maybe a quick nod. So now she makes a point of stopping, looking me in the eye and saying "Good Morning. How are you, I SEE YOU." This may still be a pretty quick gesture but we make a point of sensing a connection.

C.S. Lewis once said:

It is a serious thing to live in a society of possible gods & goddesses, to remember that the dullest & most uninteresting person you can talk to may one day be a creature which, if you saw it now, you would be strongly tempted to worship…You have never talked to a mere mortal.

This week, when you greet your fellow man, remember what a glorious creature you are interacting with, more than just another mere mortal slugging through life. They are a unique, one-of-a-kind creation: Connect. 


And Hey, I See You






No comments:

Post a Comment