Sunday, December 16, 2018

A HOLLY JOLLY CHRISTMAS

Oh, by Golly have a Holly Jolly Christmas this year! 

Well, I'm certainly working on it! I spent the last week packing in the parties and celebrations almost daily! Tis the season to be Jolly, to be joyous, to celebrate with friends and family.

So let the Wild rumpus begin!

First off was a Fundraiser called "My Favourite Things" at the church, raising money supporting a local school.


The girls got together and bought tickets for prizes, raising over $1500.


There was great food to keep everyone's sustenance intact


My job was selling tickets, which I did in abundance. It was a late night by the time we finished cleaning up and I was a sleepy girl the next day at work. But that did not deter me from my next event!
I hung out at the local mall, selling doves and raising money for our local Hospice.

Another day of work and then off to event #3 - the Work Party. I've worked at the same business for over 20 years and this is the first time I've attended the annual Christmas Work Party. 
Now this place was hopping! Another jolly night of celebration and connections with those we rub shoulders with in the trenches. Our own Gizelle kept the place hopping with tunes.
This is Sarah, gettin' her groove on!
You Go Girl!

Gizelle had a few tricks up her sleeve, including awkward games. This is me - "Head Banging" with a Fitbit on my head, trying to get in as much steps as I could. 
Well....that's humiliating. I lost, by the way.....but I still have the stiff neck from that bit of business. 

I'm an introvert by nature. But It's Christmas time. A Joyous time. Time to get out there and celebrate with fellow humans who have their own ups and downs. 

Joy to the World! The Lord Has Come! Let Earth Receive Her King. Let Every Heart, Prepare Him Room" 

So Let Heaven and Nature Sing, Repeat the Sounding Joy and consider the Wonders of His Love!







No comments:

Post a Comment