Saturday, July 30, 2016

LIVING A MUNDANE LIFE

I don't know about you but my life is pretty mundane. 

Mundane: dull, monotonous, unexciting, repetitive, ordinary.

I work Monday to Friday. There is always housework waiting for me: dusting, dishes, vacuuming, yard work, cooking etc.

I spend a lot of time letting pets in and letting pets out. 




Even when they are standing looking in that does not mean they will sally forth if I open the door. See that vague look in Frodo's eyes? That's because he is now 14 and he may just sit there while I hold the door open waiting for him to remember which direction he plans to go. And Lulu? Well if she sees you have food handy no problem but then, there are squirrels outside. So me, the Mundanian, will open and close this door numerous times daily, sometimes hourly!

On Saturday's there are bathrooms to clean

And Laundry is endless

I think most of you, except for the Adrenaline Junkies who are ALWAYS doing something exciting, can relate to a mundane life.

But then I think about all those people out there who would love to be able to do the mundane things but they are unable to anymore. They are physically, emotionally or mentally incapable. 

I take a walk on my lunch break. The usual route with nice trees and bits of shade. But my right knee is murmuring a bit, reminding me she is now over 50 and there could be trouble brewing. She is grumbling that I may not be able to stroll about  so freely in the future.

I remember taking my sister Heidi to the laundromat. She had less than a month left on this earth and the cancer in her body was well advanced. But, she wanted to do her laundry, so that is what we were going to do. She shuffled along with her walker, little wisps of angel hair on her bald head. This once vibrant 25 year old  woman, wanting to do the mundane task of laundry. I remember the urine bag half filled with dark urine attached at her side. A young man came in to get some change and Heidi thought he was pretty good looking. I am eternally grateful to him just because he gave her a moment of joy! Of course, she could not do the laundry, I did it, but she went through some of the motions. 

Our lives are not filled always filled with excitement. Most of the time we have routine, everyday, boring tasks and jobs that we do. But even the mundane life has it's place and purpose.

This is your life. And it's ALL good.


No comments:

Post a Comment